Join The Team - Jobs at Meat & Cleaver
Meat & Cleaver is an independent family-run butcher committed to providing the finest quality meats. Meat & Cleaver have become one of Essex’s most respected butchers supplying our loyal customers with the very best of meat rating highly in provenance, welfare, and flavour.
Passionate about meat, Meat & Cleaver is a small business with a big vision, delivering the finest quality meats throughout the UK, as well as serving our local customers at our butchers shop in Dunmow.
Current Available Positions:
We are looking for a self-motivated, experienced and dedicated butcher to join our growing independent, family-run butchers in Essex!
This is a very exciting role for the right candidate to carve a career as a butcher and develop their butchery skills demonstrating exceptional levels of customer service in a growing and fast-paced team environment.
Please note: Butchery experience is required for this role.
- Have previous experience in butchery
- Have a high standard of cutting and preparation skill – from breaking down whole carcass, boning and preparing joints, portion control, dicing, mincing, sausage-making, and packing
- Have a keen eye and attention to detail whilst working to deadlines especially when making up catering and retail orders both for local and national dispatch
- An ability to create enticing counter displays
- Reliable team player and timekeeper
- Well-presented with a positive attitude to work including flexibility with regards to working hours
- Must be currently living in Dunmow area within a commutable distance
- Be organised and able to work in a clean and safe manner adhering to food safety, ensuring HACCP and CCP’s are maintained and enforced, with good manufacturing practices, reporting any issues where necessary
- English Spoken
45 hours per week
£10.00-£14.00 per hour depending on experience
If you think you have the passion, skill set and desire to fulfil this demanding yet rewarding role, then please contact Sam Fuller at Meat & Cleaver on 01279 876575 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of your C.V.