This is Sam’s twist on the classic Mini Beef Wellington.
Super easy with minimal prep, these are perfect for dinner parties, family meals or just something a little different from the norm.
This recipe will make 3 Mini Beef Wellingtons.
- 1 x pre-rolled puff pastry
- 3 x slices of Serrano Ham or Parma Ham
- 3 x 4oz of diced fillet tail (fillet tail is slightly cheaper than the centre cut or Chateaubriand part of the fillet making it a great choice!)
- Atkins and Potts peppercorn sauce (1 tablespoon per Mini Beef Wellington)
- Sprinkling of mixed dry herbs per Mini Beef Wellington
- 1 x beaten egg
Let’s get prepping
- Pre heat your oven or Traeger Wood-Fired Grill to 190°F or 32°C
- First things first, you will need to cut the pastry into three equal parts.
- Fold the Serrano ham in half, making sure when you place it on one the end of the pastry so there is an inch gap round the ham!
- Now we place the 4oz of diced fillet on top of the Serrano ham and season with a little sea salt and back cracked pepper.
- Brush all the way round the edge of the pastry with the beaten egg. Don’t seal until it is tacky to the touch. This helps the pastry stick together.
- Grab the peppercorn sauce and a tablespoon. Lightly press down on the diced fillet to make flat surface. This will help stop the sauce running onto the pasty.
- Once the egg becomes tacky to touch fold the pastry over.
- With the remaining beaten egg, brush this all over the top and sides of the Mini Beef Wellingtons. Using a fork press the edges together to seal it. Prick the top to let the steam out.
- Sprinkle with mixed herbs and now they are ready to bang in the over or the Traeger Grill!
- Cook until the pastry is golden brown. This should take about 35 mins or so.
We would love to hear how you got on creating our version of these classic Mini Beef Wellingtons so please comment below and let us know what you think – we always love to hear your feedback!